Proven to be effective for diet takers, the cabbage soup diet is fairly short-term when it comes to providing weight loss. But what does it involve and how long do you have to follow it?
Cabbage Soup Diet: Is It Really Effective?
As the name implies, the cabbage soup diet involves eating large amounts of cabbage soup and promises to help you lose up to 10 pounds in a mere seven days, or a week. But is it really effective?
Given that it’s been around for years and hasn’t lost any steam when it comes to popularity and the amount of people that follow it, it’s safe to say yes, the diet is effective. It’s mostly considered as the perfect way to jump-start weight loss for a specific occasion or event and is often referred to as a quick fix diet.
It also helps that the diet itself is easy to follow with minimal effort and works by generally reducing the amount of calories you put into your body. Burning/losing more calories than you are consuming on a daily basis would lead to a calorie deficit, which then leads to weight loss.As such, the cabbage soup diet is effective.
How To Do It
First off, you need to prepare large batches of the soup itself, which is fairly easy and healthy as well.
Here’s a basic plan that you can follow:
- Day 1 – Unlimited soup and fruit (without bananas).
- Day 2 – Eat only soup and vegetables, making sure you focus on raw or cooked greens. Avoid corn and beans.
- Day 3 – Unlimited soup again. Additionally, eat as many fruits and vegetables you can eat (without bananas).
- Day 4 – Unlimited bananas, cabbage soup and some skimmed milk.
- Day 5 – You can eat around 20 ounces of beef here, which can also be chicken or fish. Eat up to six tomatoes and drink six to eight glasses of water.
- Day 6 – Eat soup, beef and vegetables. Focus on leafy greens and avoid baked potato.
- Day 7 – Vegetables, brown rice and unlimited fruit juice. However, no extra sugar.